- 1 Kinh Nghiệm về Apple App Store preview video specs 2022
- 2 App Store Preview Videos: Requirements You Need to Know
- 3 Best Practices for Creating an App Store Video Preview
- 4 Top 10 Tips for Creating Radiant Video Previews
- 5 Portrait and Landscape Screenshots — When Should You Use Them?
- 6 How Many Screenshots Do You Need?
- 7 What Are the Requirements for Your Screenshots?
- 8 What Background Should You Go For?
- 9 What About the Font and the Color of the Text?
- 10 Text. Less or More?
- 11 What Should You Accentuate in the Screenshots?
- 12 What Apps Can You Use?
- 13 The Ultimate Guide to App Store & Google Play Video Previews
- 14 Portrait and Landscape Videos — When Should You Use Them?
- 15 What Are the Requirements for Preview Videos?
- 16 How Long Should the Video Be?
- 17 What About the Sound?
Kinh Nghiệm về Apple App Store preview video specs 2022
Quý khách đang tìm kiếm từ khóa Apple App Store preview video specs được Update vào lúc : 2022-03-10 19:31:17 . Với phương châm chia sẻ Bí kíp Hướng dẫn trong nội dung bài viết một cách Chi Tiết 2022. Nếu sau khi đọc nội dung bài viết vẫn ko hiểu thì hoàn toàn có thể lại Comments ở cuối bài để Mình lý giải và hướng dẫn lại nha.
From movie trailers to autoplay ads, the impact of a video on audience engagement is undeniable. Nearly everyone with a brand, be it a large corporation or a YouTube star, is capitalizing on this format. Moreover, with iOS 15 the importance of previews will rise higher due to the product page optimization feature. In this blog post, we will focus on how to optimize Apple App Store preview videos for maximum results.
Nội dung chính
- App Store Preview Videos: Requirements You Need to KnowBest Practices for Creating an App Store Video PreviewTop 10 Tips for Creating Radiant Video PreviewsPortrait and Landscape Screenshots — When Should You Use Them?How Many Screenshots Do You Need?What Are the Requirements for Your Screenshots?What Background Should You Go For?What About the Font and the Color of the Text?Text. Less or More?What Should You Accentuate in the Screenshots?What Apps Can You Use?The Ultimate Guide to App Store & Google Play Video PreviewsPortrait and Landscape Videos — When Should You Use Them?What Are the Requirements for Preview Videos?How Long Should the Video Be?What About the Sound?
The good news is, we as mobile marketers too can harness the power of video for marketing our app. In fact, it’s a great way to boost app store optimization (ASO) and should always be a part of our mobile user acquisition strategies.
Writing magnetic descriptions and choosing great screenshots is crucial for your ASO efforts, but we will be missing out on opportunities without app previews. When it comes to app user acquisition, Video previews are spectacular tools to increase app downloads.
://.mobileaction.co/blog/wp-content/uploads/2022/08/Music-Tiles-Video-Preview-1.movThe Video Preview of the Music Tiles 3: Piano Game
Apple allows a 30-second video to be displayed alongside our app’s screenshots in the App Store. But it’s not as simple as creating any clip we like and uploading it. We have to think through and spawn a video preview that works for our marketing goals.
In this post, we’ll cover technical specifications and requirements we need to meet for our video previews and best practices for creating an awesome clip.
App Store Preview Videos: Requirements You Need to Know
First things first: the Apple App Store has published the guidelines that we must follow in order to get our preview video published along with our app.
It would be wise to bookmark that page, but here are the must-meet requirements for your Apple App Store preview video:
- We can have up to three app preview videos for each language our app supports. Our Video previews can be up to 30 seconds in length.We can only include on-screen capture within our app itself – we can’t use over-the-shoulder angles or fingers tapping the screen.We can’t violate copyrights, plagiarize, or show any material you do not have the legal right to display, including music, film, or other intellectual property assets unless you have the rights.
Even more specifications, like max frame rate, target bit rate, and so on, can be found in the iTunes Connect Developer Guide.
We should always keep these requirements in mind and use them as checkpoints as we develop our video. There’s nothing more disappointing than creating something we’re excited about and then getting rejected because we don’t meet a small technical specification.
Now that the requirements are out of the way, let’s cover something arguably more important.
How to make a video preview worth watching that ultimately increases app downloads.
Best Practices for Creating an App Store Video Preview
Since we have only up to 30 seconds to capture the attention of our audiences, we should truly utilize every single second of it. What is our app good for? Which features do we offer? Why should people tải về our app?
We need to answer all these questions in a visually enriched, easy-to-follow video that will last up to 30 seconds. So let’s take a look some enviable examples, using our tool for app competitor analysis.
://.mobileaction.co/blog/wp-content/uploads/2022/08/Tiktok-Video-Preview-1-1.movThe Video Preview of TikTok
Here, we have the app preview of TikTok which is ranking the number one spot among all categories in the Top Charts.
Their app preview is engaging, right? As you can see, they start strong and want to capture audiences right away. The most important reason for this approach is that we live in a fast-paced digital world. We’ve gotten accustomed to bite-size entertainment short video clips that pack a punch. Therefore as mobile marketers, we should act accordingly.
They are using value propositions in between different purposes to make their video easy-to-follow. Plus, let’s keep in mind that one continuous music is assisting the audience to stay until the end of the video.
://.mobileaction.co/blog/wp-content/uploads/2022/08/Lords-Mobile-Video-Preview-1-1.mp4The Video Preview of Lords of Mobile
And here, we see the app preview of a mobile ad king: Lords of Mobile. They are one of the leading apps when it comes to how to promote an app, and the situation is no different for video previews either.
As you can see they are using real app gameplay that explains the most important features. Also, they are using value propositions in between different purposes to make their video preview easy-to-follow and captivating.
://.mobileaction.co/blog/wp-content/uploads/2022/08/Loc-Preview-1.movThe Localized Video Preview of Locate 360: Find Family
Also, do not forget about App Store Optimization localization. Not everyone speaks English. Translating your app previews into local languages can have a positive impact on your conversion rates and local rankings.
Now, let’s gather up our tips for how to create an engaging video preview.
Top 10 Tips for Creating Radiant Video Previews
- Focus on creating visually striking video previews.Start strong to keep the potential audience in the video.Use value propositions to make the video easy-to-follow. Disclose if you show features only available through in-app purchases.Avoid pricing and timelines in video previews.Don’t break the continuity of the video. Pick a theme tuy nhiên that will last until the end.However, most people have their phones in silent mode. So try to make sense even without the sounds. Correct resolutions for your video on different devices.Localization matters. Don’t lose fruitful users due to a small handicap like this.Cultural sensitivity and avoiding delicate matters in video previews would be a wise choice to increase the odds of global success.
Additionally, don’t forget that everyone’s style will vary. However, taking the time to develop an outline, storyboard, or script will help us focus on the top features and avoid coming across as too instructional or sales-oriented.
If we apply Apple App Store Requirements and predicate on these tips for app preview video, there won’t be any obstacles for our mobile growth.
Lastly, App store preview videos, if done well, can engage potential audiences and create a base that doesn’t just tải về our app but continues to use it over time. The rich medium of video creates an opportunity to showcase elements of our app that might not get shown in the app store. This way, we can enhance our App Store Optimization strategy in the App Store.
Therefore, we should plan ahead, determine our goals and delicately create our app preview videos. For mobile app growth tips and guides, don’t forget to follow our blog and schedule a demo with our experts to step up your marketing trò chơi.
We have worked on this article together with ASOdesk — a company that offers a set of tools that will help you grow your app business. Maria Chernoplyokova, the ASOdesk team thành viên, explained why screenshots and video app previews are important and shared plenty of tricks that you can use to nail these features.
Nearly 3 million apps are available on Google Play today. And around 40.000 mobile apps are released through the Apple App Store every single month. How to make your app stand out?
Hook the users with the perfect App Store and Google Play screenshots and video previews! By the way, Perfomante can help you with the latter. The team will create short, catchy videos that correspond with your brand’s identity and meet all the requirements.
Portrait and Landscape Screenshots — When Should You Use Them?
According to ASOdesk, around 95% of the top apps have portrait (vertical) screenshots. However, when it comes to games, the numbers are a bit different — about 63% utilize landscape galleries. The number one piece of advice is pretty simple – users want to see an accurate depiction of what they will be getting. So, if your app doesn’t tư vấn horizontal UI, then create a portrait gallery.
Example of screenshot: baseball trò chơi rbi baseball
One of the main aims of the screenshots is to show that your app is better than the one created by your competitors. Portrait orientation will help you provide more information to potential customers. Users will see three portrait screenshots simultaneously. If you choose a landscape orientation, there will be only one visual in each frame.
Always remember to test your screenshots! For Google Play use Android Developers and for the App Store — Apple Search Ads. You have to make sure that your images look impeccable on any device.
How Many Screenshots Do You Need?
According to ASOdesk, 55.4% of the top 100 không lấy phí apps on the App Store had 5 screenshots in total. However, it all depends on the type of the app. A simple calculator, for example. doesn’t need a lot of screenshots — a couple can easily highlight the app’s main features.
When it comes to Google Play you can upload not more than 8 screenshots. With the App Store, 10 is the maximum.
What Are the Requirements for Your Screenshots?
Apple App Store
- The number of screenshots is limited to 10 (however, a lot of brands choose to place fewer images). PNG and JPEG file formats are accepted. Of course, the files should be of the best possible quality.Screenshots for the 6.5-inch XS Max and 5.5-inch devices (6s Plus, 7 Plus, 8 Plus) are required. The great news is that nowadays you don’t have to upload screenshots of various sizes for different iPhone models. The system will automatically adjust your images to the sizes of all the other generations. For iPads, you would be required to upload screenshots for 12.9-inch iPad Pro (2nd generation) and 12.9-inch iPad Pro (3rd generation).
Here are the corresponding pixels for landscape and portrait orientation for different devices:
DEVICEDEVICE SIZEPORTRAIT SCREENSHOT SIZELANDSCAPE SCREENSHOT SIZEiPhone 11 Pro Max iPhone 11iPhone XS Max
6.5 inches1242 x 2688 pixels2688 x 1242 pixelsiPhone 6s PlusiPhone 7 Plus
iPhone 8 Plus
5.5 inches1242 x 2208 pixels2208 x 1242 pixels2nd generation
iPad Pro12.9 inches2048 x 2732 pixels2732 x 2048 pixels3rd generation
iPad Pro12.9 inches2048 x 2732 pixels2048 x 2732 pixelsMacOne of the following, with a 16:10 aspect ratio.1280 x 800 pixels1440 x 900 pixels2560 x 1600 pixels
2880 x 1800 pixels
Apple TV1920 x 1080 pixels
3840 x 2160 pixelsApple Watch312 x 390 pixels(Series 3)368 x 448 pixels
(Series 4 and 5)
- The number of screenshots is limited to 8. If you have created a mobile trò chơi, it might be featured only in case the store listing has least 3 landscape screenshots. PNG and JPEG file formats are accepted. The minimum dimension of a Google Play screenshot is 320 pixels and the maximum is 3840 pixels. And guess what? Google will adapt your screenshots to the user’s device. But you still must provide least 2 screenshots the maximum dimensions of which are not more than twice the length of the minimum dimensions.
DEVICEDEVICE SIZEPORTRAIT SCREENSHOT SIZELANDSCAPE SCREENSHOT SIZESmartphonesVariesMinimum dimension – 320 pixelsMaximum dimension – 3840 pixels2:1 ratioMinimum dimension – 320 pixelsMaximum dimension – 3840 pixels16:9 ratioTablets7 or 9 inches
*see above*see aboveWear OS by Google*see above(the majority of the devices are round)*see aboveAndroid TV*see above
+an Android TV banner image (320 x 180 pixels)
Always keep an eye on the latest updates to the App Store and Google Play guidelines and apply basic common sense. The screenshots (and your app) should not include upsetting and offensive content. App Store will reject the screenshots that have realistic guns in them, for example. Fantasy guns have to be in a passive position, in a holster or worn on the back, while swords and knives should not be pointing toward the audience.
What Background Should You Go For?
The top 100 không lấy phí apps on the App Store usually choose white as their background color (29.9%). 7.2% prefer black and 5.2% go for blue. However, if your app is about shopping or social networking, then you can try using brighter colors for the background. Of course, the background has to correspond with your brand’s identity and color scheme. Moreover, it shouldn’t be distracting. So better go for a solid background.
What About the Font and the Color of the Text?
When it comes to the colors and font, choose the options that complement your brand’s identity. The color of the text has to be in contrast with the background and readable.
Make a few different options that you can test on different devices. Always keep an eye on the main KPIs (your screenshots will affect the install rate, for example). By the way, don’t rely on your personal taste. The screenshots have to be pleasant to the eye but preferably without any artistic extravaganzas.
Text. Less or More?
Your text has to be readable and seen from the ‘search page’. The more words you use, the smaller the font gets. So, it’s better to place a few catchy phrases on the screenshot that are in contrast with the background. With screenshots, less is certainly more. You can use bold writing to highlight the most important info or simply enlarge the words or the phrases that you need the user to pay attention to.
What Should You Accentuate in the Screenshots?
If you want, you can include a screenshot with the awards and mentions. Always accentuate the things that have changed in your app. If you have come up with a new feature, for example, mention it on one of the first screenshots. You can also use bold font or highlight the text.
What Apps Can You Use?
Canva is one of the most easy-to-use services out there that can help you create vibrant images. You can also try AppLaunchpad that has a cool screenshot generator. With Launchkit, you can create screenshots for Google Play and Apple App Store the same time and create images for tablets. DaVinci Apps also specializes in screenshots and offers plenty of predesigned templates.
If you are running out of time, you can always literally take a screenshot of your phone.
The Ultimate Guide to App Store & Google Play Video Previews
According to StoreMaven, videos can increase the conversion rate by 20-35%.
However, only every fifth app has a video preview. Sometimes they are unnecessary. Use videos only if you have enough content and functions within the app. Promo videos work great for games, photo and video editors, streaming services, trực tuyến shopping, and food delivery, for example.
Portrait and Landscape Videos — When Should You Use Them?
It is recommended that you use actual footage of the app in your video. If your creation has a portrait orientation – make a vertical video and vice versa. However, you should remember that your app preview video for Google Play will be uploaded to YouTube. Landscape videos look much better and more professional on this platform. Also if your video has a horizontal orientation, the text can be bigger and it will be easier to zoom in and highlight some of the app’s features simply because you have more ‘space’.
Always test the options and monitor the KPIs to find out which preview is performing better.
What Are the Requirements for Preview Videos?
Apple App Store
- You are allowed to have up to 3 videos. The video autoplays in mute in the search results. The preview has to be between 15 and 30 seconds in length. You would have to create a piece in two different resolutions (three, if you want the video to be shown to iPad users).The resolutions are:
1080 x 1920 or 1920 x 1080 (for iPhone 5/6/7/8 and 6 plus/7 plus/8 plus)
886 x 1920 or 1920 x 886 (for iPhone X and Xs Max/XR)
1200 x 1600 or 1600 x 1200 (for iPad and iPad Pro)
Your video will automatically become smaller for any other device. The maximum file size is 50 MB. The accepted file formats are .mov, .mp4, and .m4v. Finally, the videos for the App Store have to be manually approved by Apple. And there are quite a few guidelines that you have to follow. For example, you are allowed to only use captured footage of the app itself.
Apple recommends using QuickTime and iMovie to edit your footage.
- You can have only one video. It can be between 30 seconds and 2 minutes long. To watch the video, users have to click on the play button that will be displayed over the feature graphic. After that, a YouTube link will open (so no autoplay for Google Play). You would have to create a good-quality, landscape-oriented video. The aspect ratio for YouTube videos is 16:9.
The recommended dimensions are: 426 x 240 (240p); 640 x 360 (360p); 854 x 480 (480p); 1280 x 720 (720p); 1920 x 1080 (1080p); 2560 x 1440 (1440p); 3840 x 2160 (2160p).Accepted video formats include .mov, .mpeg4, .mp4, .avi, .wmv, .mpegps, .flv, 3GPP, and WebM. There are pretty much no restrictions for the actual content. But it would be great if you manage to show only Android devices and the Google Play Store badge.
Show actual footage of the app. By watching your video, the user has to develop an understanding of what the app is going to feel like. By the way, Apple will reject any preview that has footage filmed outside of the app. It is not recommended to show any people/fingers, etc. You can highlight the areas that you need the user to pay attention to.
How Long Should the Video Be?
On the App Store, every video should be up to 30 seconds long. Even though the videos can be longer on Google Play, you might want to stick to the 30-second limit.
The preview has to fascinate the user from the first seconds. You don’t have any time to spare, so put the most interesting and useful information the beginning of the video and be creative.
The footage should not include any upsetting or offensive content.
What About the Sound?
69% of users view videos with the sound off in public places. Fortunately, 80% of viewers are more likely to watch the entire video, in case captions are available. Add text to your preview video. Make sure that everything is understandable without the sound.
However, that does not mean that you have to neglect the voiceover or the background music (make sure that there is no copyright violation). The captions have to be readable and should not change too quickly – the users must have enough time to read the information.
Never underestimate the power of great screenshots and video previews of your app. After all, these are the tools that will help the user make up his mind… and tải về your creation. Mission accomplished!
Written by Alisa Begoun
Video Apple App Store preview video specs ?
Bạn vừa đọc nội dung bài viết Với Một số hướng dẫn một cách rõ ràng hơn về Review Apple App Store preview video specs tiên tiến và phát triển nhất
Pro đang tìm một số trong những ShareLink Tải Apple App Store preview video specs Free.
Giải đáp vướng mắc về Apple App Store preview video specs
Nếu sau khi đọc nội dung bài viết Apple App Store preview video specs vẫn chưa hiểu thì hoàn toàn có thể lại phản hồi ở cuối bài để Admin lý giải và hướng dẫn lại nha
#Apple #App #Store #preview #video #specs